PURE REPRESENTS (“us”, or “we”) is the “data controller” in respect of your personal information. This privacy and cookies policy sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how it will be treated.
We collect and process personal information when you:
- visit our website (including when registering on our site, leaving any reviews or comments, or filling in forms on our site);
- purchase/subscribe to any of our services;
- attend our events;
- contact us or request information from us in any other way;
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research, feedback and survey responses; and
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
We may also collect personal information about you through your manager or agent.
We may collect and process the following personal information about you which you provide:
- contact details (such as your name, location, address, email address and telephone number);
- demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual;
- photograph (for example if you attend one of our events);
- responses to any custom satisfaction survey or market research (unless these are provided anonymously);
- financial and credit card information; and
- your marketing preferences
When you visit our website, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device. This type of information may include the following:
- information about your device, operating system and IP address;
- browser type and version; and
- information about your visit on our website, including URL, clickstream (i.e your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information).
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies: These allow our site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They allow your prefernces or actions across the site to be rememebred. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our site, e.g which pages you go to most often. For example, we use Google Analytics for this process.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please not that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies or otherwise withdraw your consent in relation to cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the site.
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested and send you marketing and advertising materials;
- for system administration purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to monitor your use of our website to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- to tailor any marketing or advertising so that it is more relevant to you;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- if you are filmed, photographed or recorded as part of any onsite activities at one of our events, your image or likeness may be used in promotional material, sponsor and coverage in print, online and broadcast television;
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our website is safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased/subscribed to our services, we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to provide you with our services.
- Compliance and law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the EFA or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EFA or the UK. Whenever we transfer your information in this way, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the UK or the EFA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information you provide is retained only as long as it is necessary for the purpose which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Our website is not intended for, and should not be used by, individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18.
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, business partners and services providers, where they are helping us to market and advertise our services as well as providing our services to you. We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details below. You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites and services such as our business partners and service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy notices before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
We may change this privacy notice at any time. The new privacy notice will be displayed on our website. The date this privacy notice was last updated appears at the bottom.
Questions and comments regarding this privacy notice should be sent to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Our registered offices are located at 101-102 Turnmill Street, London EC1M 5QP. This Privacy Notice was last updated in February 2022.